Saturday, June 04, 2005

Alien vs Predator

Every night this week as I was drifting off to sleep, I made lists of the things I would blog about when I had the time. So, here I am with the time and no memory of what those things were.

I think I've reached a new developmental stage. One that has to do with a predator called age stealing my once incredibly good memory out from under me, bit by bit.

Either that, or aliens are studying the blogging habits of 30-something women and need to permanently remove all ideas in order to understand the process. Which could explain why I can no longer find my keys or remember where I left my mobile phone. I also seem to have lost the ability to recall words that have been part of my vocabularly since I was one, as well as the skill of saying them without stuttering.

In fact, it might also shed some light on why I don't appear to have a knuckle on the joint of my thumb which is closest to my wrist. There's a lump there that appears quite joint-like. It just doesn't move the way a hinge joint should. Of course, this has been a life long thing - maybe the aliens have been studying me since birth.

Or....what if they planted me here in the first place? That would explain an awful lot. All that stuff people keep telling me about my being so unique and different would suddenly make a lot of sense. So would that birthmark on the bottom of my foot. And the dents in my skull...

At any rate, if you know where I left all my good ideas, be you alien, predator or friend, I'd appreciate having them back.

May the force be with you. Live long and prosper. Nanoo Nanoo.

9 Comments:

At 2:37 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

LOL u don't need your memory; you turned it into a pretty damn fine post anyway!!!

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

 
At 4:20 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

Go in fish, my fish I give you... wait,what fish, exactly?

 
At 6:43 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

And could it be you just have too damned many things on your mind?

 
At 2:29 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

Don't tell me you haven't seen or read The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy????

If not, you need to, if you like Python et al.

 
At 7:46 p.m., Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

Loved the post :) So I'm not the only one out there with the alien theory. My visitors implant ideas...ones I'm just a bit too scared to post at present.
btw JL: I heard that the movie sucked big time. Great book that you just can't put on the screen. If you see it...let us know what you think.

 
At 5:41 a.m., Blogger Jim said...

I don't have any ideas, yours or mine. But where can I put these historical documents?

 
At 5:16 p.m., Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

Excellent reference Jim. hee hee :)
One of my favorites btw

 
At 9:28 a.m., Blogger Anna said...

Read Hitchhikers and saw Galaxy Quest...other than that, my mind is spotless!

 
At 6:14 a.m., Blogger Jered Widmer said...

Wow! This site is SO for me! My senior year of high school I did a research paper on dreams and how most commonly they can be interpretted... even why we dream.

Do I ever have a wonder drug that makes your dreams more vivid than ever... since taking this new medication, I can remember step-by-step just about every dream I have. It can be a freakish nighmare sometimes (only for the fact my dream sequences run together - so it is like pieces of 5 movies spliced together). About 7 months ago I went and had a sleep study done - the whole wires all over my body, overnight observation and video recording. Diagnosis: Mild Narcolepsy and Catoplexy. Anyway, they put me on a med to cure the daytime tiredness but I complained that I wanted a drug that would make me get a rested sleep (apparently I was never hitting a full stage 4... only down to a 3 and not until about 4 inthe morning). So they put me on a new med Xyrem - I'm sure you know what it is. But it does a doosy on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home