Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Requiem for a Dream

That I was so able to recall dreams that are terrifying and erotic but can't for the life of me remember in detail an inspirational dream bothers me a little.

After all, it's not as though I've never had one. I've had many dreams that have been inspirational. Great dreams about flying and chasing and discovering great things. About the world being my stage and receiving thunderous applause for jobs well done. But, for some reason I can't seem to grasp the details of any of those dreams. They appear to have been locked away in a corner of my mind that I'm unable to access at the moment.

I imagine that speaks volumes about where I am today. If you've been reading along, you've noted by now that I'm more than a little stuck. If you have any insight or advice, I'd be grateful for it.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

They, whoever in the hell they are, say that identifying the problem in 90% of the solution.

I don't think you need inspiration. I think you need realization and decision.

Realize the solution is entirely up to you. Realize you have a lot of anger and pain in you. Realize you need to purge it from your mind and body.

Anger and pain is a cancer that gnaws away at you. It takes over every aspect of your life.

You need to decide that you are Angry and you DAMNED WELL AREN'T GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

Decide you will be what you know you are. An intelligent, independant, talented woman.

And if someone doesn't appreciate you being what you are....the hell with them.

 
At 11:32 a.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

My sincere advice, pretend you are dreaming when you read Buffalo's comment and you have your inspirational dream. Nobody could have put it better.

 
At 4:57 p.m., Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

I didn't quite know what to say. Buffalo put it all into perspective. The only thing I want to add is...go do something completely selfish. Something that is totally just about you...only you will know what this is (shopping, facial, massage, ???)
I constantly find myself in a rut because of stress. My way out is usually to something bizarre (jumping out of trees into the river, driving around town with my windows down while I blow bubbles, skinny dipping) I always end up feeling more alive. There are certain things about you that no one can take away. Find a way to express those things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home