Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Me first meme

I don't know what's going on with me - perhaps I'm about to die and that is why snippets of my life are flashing back to me when I read the words of others. JL passed the baton on this meme which in turn triggered a memory from many years ago when I belonged to a Venturer Company and we danced around campfires singing silly songs to entertain ourselves and each other.

There was one such song that went, "If I were not a Venturer, the thing that I would be... If I were not a Venturer a...insert occupation here...I would be!" And then a silly description followed. This was sung in sort of a harmony where everyone sang the chorus and then an occupation was added until everyone was singing. Points were added for (in)appropriate gestures and double entendres.

So here ya go, JL...just to be different...

If I were not a blogger, the thing that I would be, If I were not a blogger: A Farmer, that's what I'd be.
Here's a cow,
there's a cow,
here's another -yuck!


If I were not a blogger, the thing that I would be, If I were not a blogger:
A Doctor, that's what I'd be!
Take a pill;
pay my bill!
I'm going golfing!

If I were not a blogger, the thing that I would be,if i were not a blogger:
An actor, that's what I'd be!
Dahling,
dahling,
let's do lunch!

My all-time faves were exterminator (ooh a bug, squish it in the rug, ya!)
and firefighter (jump lady, jump...ooh splat!) which evidently didn't make the list.

I hereby nominate Mike, that Stiggified dude and the one and only Buffalo to meme on...

4 Comments:

At 7:25 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

Shan, you are proof that humor does exist in Ireland.

 
At 11:07 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

To Shan, well done!!!

To Buffalo, ouch!!!

 
At 1:40 a.m., Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

What a great twist on the meme. Well done!!!!

 
At 10:29 p.m., Blogger Mike Todd said...

Oh, dude, I dropped the ball.

Okay okay:

If I were not a blogger, the thing that I would be, If I were not a blogger:
A Proctologist, that's what I'd be!
Come inside,
Open wide,
Oh, God, I didn't know that's what a proctologist does. Can I be an astronaut instead?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home