Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It Takes Guts

Just thought I'd give you a lil update on the state of my guts. I did the cleanse after all. It was pretty gross and produced satisfactorily disgusting results. Results is the key word here, though. It did work and quite well. The pain under my ribs subsided significantly.

The bloating and gas, however were not shifted. So I caved, coughed up the 40€ (convert that here) and saw the doc who told me that because I've only been in agony a week he won't refer me to a gastroenterologist. Nope. I get to take an over the counter antacid for two more weeks, just to prolong the agony. If that doesn't work, he'll reconsider. Fucker.

So, it looks as though we're back to the original plan of waiting for a crisis and turning up at Accident and Emergency at the hospital. Wish I'd done reconnaissance in A & E while I was an inpatient... at least I'd know when to turn up to avoid the crowds.

In the meantime, I am working on a rant inspired by receiving yet another mass email recounting the "good ole days". My apologies to Buffalo if my ire spilled over into my comment on your blog. I think this will be my first non-familial spew. I hope you aren't disappointed.

In other news, I had a mock examination in preparation for next week's real exam in Business Awareness and Professional Conduct (part of my massage therapy certification for those of you not keeping score at home) and managed a 96. Not too shabby for a girl who didn't study. Then again, it's the same girl who brought home a 3.9GPA from college (that's out of four for you European types) and was met with, "You couldn'ta got that other point one, eh darlin'?" Yeah, thanks Dad.

6 Comments:

At 6:12 a.m., Blogger ssas said...

Oh, you're one of those smarty-pants types, eh?

One of my best friends is a massage therapist.

 
At 9:45 a.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

good to hear you are feeling better, and I'm very much looking forward to your rant, sounds like it will be a doozy ;-)

 
At 5:04 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

Ire is a good thing, Shan. Spill it as you will.

If this is an example of the euro health care system, you can have it. Don't want to hear any more bitches about health care in the USA.

Good job on the exam!

 
At 6:18 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

On an unrelated matter, Shan, check out this link when you have the chance [and the wee ones aren't near the pc]. It reminds me of your Paddy's Day post, pretty funny stuff.

 
At 7:05 a.m., Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

Hey Shan,
We may need an update. Has your ehealth continued to improve?

 
At 11:23 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

If silence is golden you are making us all very rich. Put you mind in gear, place fingertips to keyboard and type away. You have been mute too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home