Saturday, June 18, 2005

Mama, I'm comin home....

I'm going home in August. It'll be the first time I set foot on native soil in nearly three years. You'd think I'd be excited. I'm not.

I am not looking forward to being a guest (read homeless) for an entire month with a husband who is obsessive compulsive about tidiness and laundry and two children who are not.

I am not looking forward to seeing my parents who couldn't be arsed to come and see me when I was going through surgery and the subsequent shit that comes with plates and pins in an ankle joint.

I am not looking forward to sitting at a wedding with a nearly complete stranger while my entire nuclear family is in the wedding party. That may sound small, but that's how I feel.

I just agreed to a sleepover for girls and a glass of wine with another mom. I hate being caught by surprise. Dammit!

5 Comments:

At 10:05 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

It doesn't sound to me as though you are going home. It seems to be more like a jail sentence. Have you been a bad girl?

If someone has a problem with disarray, I say let them tend to bringing order to the chaos. If your children are of school age they should be old enough to bring a little order, or at least create less chaos.

Where is it written you have to go to the wedding? Do you really care about any of these people? If so, go. If not, the hell with them.

And if you really don't want to go at all, don't. Your sanity is worth something.

Doing something you don't want to do for a few hours is greatly different from an entire month.

 
At 12:39 a.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

I wish there was something I could say.

I'm sorry you feel that way about everything.

Sounds like you need some time away from everyone to sort your head out about everything, though I'm well aware that's a lot easier said than done.

As always, we're there for you whenever you want to sound off.

 
At 12:56 a.m., Blogger Anna said...

Buff, it's not as think as I bad it am....

Jeff, the trains are running again.

 
At 7:12 a.m., Blogger Naughti Biscotti said...

Do what I do.... completely avoid family comittments. It's not worth your sanity. Come up with a good excuse or tell em all to go to hell.
They say blood is thicker than water.... that's a crock of shit. I like to remind them that you can't choose your relatives.
Surround yourself with people who care about you.
Good luck. Let us know how it goes. The entire time your there just keep thinking...."If they do or say something hateful or stupid...I'll just write a nasty blog about them." You'll feel much better.

 
At 10:16 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

LOL shandi! Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home