Thursday, June 30, 2005

Lucky Break!

I just got an hour's reprieve. The woman minding the children today had promised them a paddle in her pool. It took a lot longer to fill than she'd anticipated. So she called and asked could she keep them so that they wouldn't be completely disappointed.

Inside I was yelling, "HELL, YES!" but I think I managed to squeak out something like, "Thanks, that's very good of you; I'm here all evening, so bring them around whenever you're ready."

I really don't want it to sound like I don't like my kids or don't want to spend time with them because I do. They are pretty cool kids, generally speaking and we get along fairly well. Which isn't to say I've never quoted Bill Cosby and threatened to kill them and make another set that'll look just like em, but I digress. What I'm trying to say is that I'm finding this merry-go-round of work, school and family a lil challenging lately and I'm grateful for any break in the routine.

There are about a hundred things I should be doing with this bit of found time but I'd be completely out of character if I did any of them since they all start with cleaning something. Besides, tomorrow and the next day will be all about cleaning. First, we're going to clean the house for the Canada Day barbeque we are hosting and then, we'll clean up after it. That oughta do me for a while!

Speaking of satisfying my needs... I need to recreate my favourite links list; it doesn't have to be exact as I was finding some of the old faves a bit... well, old. Please feel free to leave a link; even if I can't always write, I often have a chance to read a few blogs. Someday I might even get it together and put a few on my sidebar.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

Freedom, sweet freedom - if only for a bit. And when you wake next week the kids will be out on their own.

I admire your sense of humor, Shan. (Humour - just for you.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home