Sunday, April 03, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing...

...can be an awful lot of fun.

I went out Friday night with the neighbours and without hubby. He was working a nightshift.

It's entirely within the realm of possibility that I should have stayed in. Considering I spent almost all of Saturday still drunk, it may have been more a probability than a possibility.

I remember going to bed and thinking "Oh shit, only two hours til hubby's home and I have to get up with the kids."

I totally coasted through the day. Took the kids for breakfast (which I couldn't eat), made them a simple lunch (which I couldn't eat) and ordered Chinese for dinner (which I couldn't eat). I'm thinking I may be onto something in the whole weight loss department!

At nine o'clock I shut the house down for the night and crawled into my bed with the kids. We read a chapter of The Miserable Mill (4th in the Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickett) and went to sleep. Passed out is likely a more accurate description of what I did. I managed to stay unconscious til about 9:30 this morning.

Today we're going to see Robots. Hubby has one more shift tonight before a good few days off. He's not amused.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

Poor little Shan! Did her head hurt and was her tummy a bit queasy?

 
At 9:24 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

Yes...and sadly, it still does! I'm blaming food poisoning from the breakfast I took the kids for - they are both sick too.

 
At 9:59 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

Ah, the good ol' reliable dodgy food hangover explanation ... I know it well ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home