Monday, March 21, 2005

Slainte Mhath - Good Health

Yesterday I went to a Complementary Therapies Fair with a recently made friend. I met a psychic - she said I should be teaching, doing body work and nutrition or some combination thereof. And loving myself better. No surprises there...

Then I happened upon the life coach that I've been meaning to call for ages. I liked her immediately and, being in the frame of mind that there's no such thing as coincidence, I made an appointment. It's probably a bit late as I seem to have carved a bit of a path for myself, but I think it'll be worth meeting with her anyway. If nothing else, she's going to prepare me for the job interview I have tomorrow.

Until recently, I would have felt confident in preparing myself for a job interview. In fact, I would have scoffed at the idea that someone like me would ever require the services of a life coach. Things change, however; I've had a lot of pretty icky stuff come up over the past two years, (not the least of which being a lovely bit of parental rejection) which has conspired to suck the life out of me and leave me bewildered in terms of direction and purpose.

Having always been a person who enjoys a good external locus of control, I think a life coach is just what the doctor ordered. Well, actually, the doctor ordered antidepressants, but I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go down that road too frequently travelled and gain another forty pounds, thank you very little!

My friend and I had a bite of lunch and then continued on our journey. We both decided to have a kinesiology treatment. Having never experienced kinesiology, I was interested in seeing what the practitioner would say about me. So, I took my shoes off and hopped up on the table. She put my arms and legs in various configurations and asked me to resist her attempts to push me around while keeping my eyes open and my lips slightly apart which was rather a lot like trying to read while patting one's head while rubbing the tummy. I kept forgetting to perform one of the tasks.

After approximately twenty minutes of this shoving me this way and that while reminding me to keep my lips slightly apart, she declared me a very healthy woman; repaired a hole in my root chakra (which I didn't even know was there, if you can imagine!) and sent me off with advice to add significantly more vitamin c to my diet.

My friend and I then took ourselves out for a bit of mainstream therapy. Two lovely glasses of wine went down very well and then it was time to go home. Which, I must say, was preferable to the alternatives ;)

2 Comments:

At 9:10 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:23 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

Hope the interview went well for you.

I also hope that having your root chakra repaired isn't as painful as it sounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home