Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Cabin Fever

Okay. It's official. I need to get out of the house. I need to return to society. To be among the living. The well. The productive.

My life, which wasn't exactly speeding along, has ground to a halt with this latest round of girlflu. Well, that's not exactly fair... I'd been doing a fairly good job of shutting out the world for a few days after the big "you suck" from the parental units. But being the resilient kinda girl I am, I was just about ready to bounce back to humanity when the flu struck.

The first day or two was ok. I was too busy with chesty coughs and fever reducers and overall motherhood to worry about the world passing me by. But, it's become increasingly difficult to maintain the martyrdom over the long haul.

This morning I was determined that everyone would be going to where they were supposed to be today. I made everyone get up, dressed, eat breakfast and groom their fine selves. We were organized and on time. No excuses. I could not be swayed.

We were just putting our shoes on when the girl burst into tears. "I don't want to go to school today", she wailed.

"You need to go to school," was my reply.

"But I'll miss you too much!" she tried.

"oh, c'mon", I said, "it's only a few hours, you've been going to school for three years now. You'll be fine."

And then she came up with the arguement winner of all time...she barfed. Okee dokee..stay home. Do whatever you want, just do that in the toilet. And don't miss fer chrissakes.

So ended my day of independence. We'll try again tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 10:01 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

Gee, I miss parenthood.

Okay, that was a lie. I don't miss it at all.

 
At 10:16 a.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

Ah, yes, the best laid plans...

Any luck yesterday?

 
At 10:17 a.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:53 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

Yessss....I'll brag all about it when I have a chance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home