Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Memory Like a Sieve

Yesterday was Shrove Tuesday. I fed my kids as many pancakes as they wanted, even sent them in their lunchboxes risking the wrath of the school's "lunch police".

At dinner last night, we discussed Mardi Gras as well as which of their friends were observing Lent and how that might impact on their lil heathen lives.

The girl has decided to come out in sympathy with her Catholic friends and is giving up something she truly loves, ketchup. An admirable gesture indeed.

The boychild doesn't understand the logic behind giving up something you love...he feels that his deep appreciation of chocolate could not possibly be enhanced and since we don't follow a prescribed religion, there's nobody to impress. Fair enough.

This morning I went shopping. While browsing through a shop, something caught my attention. I looked up from the rack of sweaters and was shocked to see a woman with a huge ugly mark in the centre of her forehead. My mind raced; she fell... she was hit... birth defect... Ash Wednesday. Duh!

1 Comments:

At 5:55 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

I'm with boychild.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home