Saturday, July 30, 2005

Take the Long Way Home

I can't quite believe that it's taken me this long to find the time to post. But then again, it's not surprising when you consider in the last two weeks I've held down the fort at work while everyone else was on vacation, written three exams, saw my favourite band live, celebrated my wedding anniversary (that's twelve for those of you keeping score at home) hosted a stranger for three nights, shopped for souveniers and clothes to wear to the weddings that we'll be attending at home, reconnected with a very dear friend, got sick and somehow managed to gain five pounds!?!

Today is supposed to be devoted to stripping beds, doing laundry, making lists, saying goodbye to friends who won't be here when we get back and so long to those that will, organizing the feeding of the fish and the minding of the house. I'm currently drinking coffee and telling you all about it, but I digress...

Tomorrow is about last minute shopping, packing our bags, organizing a lift from the airport, renting a car and rechecking our plan to see everyone we've ever known in the 29 days we'll be in Ontario. I have an itinerary. It's quite full. I have a fantasy. It involves setting fire to the itinerary and skipping the flight to Toronto. I'm pretty sure that's just my anxiety talking though.

Monday we fly to Rome. Cause I wanted to take the long way home. Actually, it's because I wanted to take the cheap way home. I saved 600 euro by travelling this route. I doubled the time it will take. Haven't determined yet whether an overnight stay in Italy will be a pro or a con for the first day of our holiday. I have determined that it won't be free. I'll letcha know whether it was worth it.

I should have net access for most of the month, so I'll be keeping tabs on all my favourite bloggers. I may not post much, but hey... I'm a reader, not a writer!

2 Comments:

At 2:57 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

I'm with Buffalo.

You ARE a damn fine writer.

Have a great trip, I look forward to reading your accounts of it.

 
At 3:29 a.m., Blogger Mike Todd said...

Here, here! What they said!

Also, have a great vacation. Oh dammit, they said that, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home