Friday, May 26, 2006

All By Myself

So, I started this diet thing with two women from work thinking that a group would provide moral support. On Day Two, I got to work to find out that one of the girls had caved and given up. She was less than 24 hours into it. The other girl didn't start until Thursday after her business trip.

Today is Day Four for me. On the way home on the train I called my remaining diet buddy to offer her support over the weekend; she couldn't talk for long because she was busy eating a slice of bread. Great.


This is without a doubt the most difficult diet I have ever done. And I've done some dieting...

Anyway, right now I'm okay although not exactly euphoric. Apparently that will happen. I'm guessing it'll come at the moment when my death-breath actually kills someone.

I am giving it until Monday when I go get weighed. If I have not lost a significant amount of weight; I'm talking Biggest Loser type weight loss here, I am jumping off the scales and heading straight for Burger King where I'm going to pull the buns from two bacon double cheeseburgers and start Atkins.

In the meantime, when I want to eat, I'll just look in the mirror for inspiration.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 p.m., Blogger nanuk said...

The only surefire diet I've found is methamphetamine. All others take too much willpower.

 
At 3:35 a.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

Excellent! However the formula is easy, burn more calories than you consume. I would be worried about rebounding with weight gain if I did it too quickly.

Anyway, that's me. I hope it goes well for you. Give it another week if you don't have, 'biggest loser,' type weight loss. You can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home