Sunday, April 09, 2006

All Hail...

the hail?

This is the first time I can honestly say that I am sick to death of Irish weather. I dunno if that's due to assimilation, global warming or what the fuck, but I am some tired of experiencing "all four seasons in a day". Pick one, goddammit! Today it was sunny, snowy and it hailed like mad. Only not long enough for a decent picture.

I'm not having the best of weekends to tell you the truth. Friday night was my leaving do from my last job. One of the women decided it was a good idea to leave her partner and two kids at home and have her ex-boyfriend from fifteen years ago come along and stick his hand up her dress. I disagreed. Not the best way to leave things with a coworker...

Then yesterday, the one who threw herself in front of a train decided that it was high time we spent some time together and showed up at my front door. She was discharged from hospital last week, a mere five weeks after crushing her pelvis, breaking her hip, collarbone and several ribs, having a finger amputated and puncturing a lung. Hubby ran her off the first time, but she was not to be deterred and came back. From what I could gather, she wanted me to support her bid to take her child halfway around the world to live. I don't fucking think so.

In the meantime, pregnantgirl's mom rang me from the states to say that prego wasn't answering the phone and she was worried and could I do something, so I got to spend the whole day making sure, she wasn't chucking herself in front of a train... fucksake!

So far, today has been much better... I went for a swim with a sane friend and the kids and then girlchild and I went shopping for the afternoon while hubby and the boy hung out at home. We met them at the pub for dinner and the match(I think ManU beat Arsenal but I really don't care).

In other news, cross something, pray, or do whatever it is that you do to send positive energy to someone who has a second interview for a job, cause tomorrow at 4:15gmt, I am meeting with the CEO of Internationally Known Charity to discuss the possibility of us having a future together.

I could really use a break right about now.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 p.m., Blogger nanuk said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for you re: employment. Give us an update one way or t'other. Don't know if I can wait until next Sunday to find out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home