Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Weak Week

I have had one motherfucker of a week.

Having said that, I'm sure it was worse for the two women I know well who tried to kill themselves.

One is a client; the other a woman that I considered a good friend until a few months ago when her mental illness got in the way of our relationship. Both have lots of support and all the appropriate services in place. Both women survived this time; one because she wanted to, the other was just (un)lucky, I guess.

I planned to pour my heart out here... but I'm too tired to even determine what's inside me let alone regurgitate it at this point.

4 Comments:

At 3:22 a.m., Blogger CP said...

Annadoll: You have to let those feelings sit and fester before you are ready to spew. That's a lot to absorb and you are probably going through a mild bout of shock. When that wears off, you will be able to get it all out of your system. In the meantime, take comfort in your family and your friends. Take your time before coming back. I am so sorry to hear about this. I know the toxicity of the situation can get contagious. Don't let it hurt you.

*hugs*

CP.

 
At 5:41 a.m., Blogger nanuk said...

Where I live we seem to be in a permanent suicide cluster. Nunavik (Northern Quebec) has what is reported to be the highest suicide rate in the world. And unlike other countries, it is the young that are most vulnerable. Having five children of my own growing up in this environment is taking a toll on of me, too. All I can say is to echo CP, exhale, and keep being the caring person you are.

 
At 11:39 p.m., Blogger Big Ben said...

It is scary that people can be that depressed or mentally ill.

All I know is that if I tried I would succeed.

 
At 9:18 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

Hang in there! There will be better days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home