Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Malin Head

is the northernmost point on the Emerald Isle. I think I saw it at its most glorious. Look...




Even the birds were showing off!

It was cold, wet and incredibly wild. In the one day I was there it rained, was icy cold, sunny and mild, had gale force winds and both thunder and lightning made an appearance. No wonder Met Eireann never appears to get it right. It's completely unpredictable; the only certainty is that the weather will change.

I know that you will find good and bad in every region of the world, but I'm still going to say that the people I've met from Donegal have been incredibly kind and hospitable.

5 Comments:

At 3:23 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

Wow, pretty cool.

 
At 7:47 a.m., Blogger CP said...

So beautiful. I am glad you are enjoying yourself, doll.

CP.

 
At 11:10 p.m., Blogger Larry said...

Strayed onto your blog because twenty major seems to have taken some time off. Wonderful photo, have you visited Achill in Mayo, fantastic light, skyscape there for taking photos.

 
At 3:36 a.m., Blogger wstachour said...

Fabulous pic!

 
At 9:51 a.m., Blogger Quigs said...

Great pic,I can see it was taken close to "the wee house of Malin" and the sea stack is called "the saddle rock" so called because of its shape.
Thanks for the kind words you bestow on us Malin Head folk, we try our best to be welcoming and helpfull.
Hope you visit again and take more photos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home