Sunday, October 08, 2006

The View

My monitor died this past week. We observed an appropriate period of mourning (read: until we could get to the store for a new one) and then chose a replacement. It's lovely by the way, all slender and sharp.

Of course, being where we are, we had to go through the wonderful experience of being ignored at PCWorld until we gave up and went to Harvey Norman. Once there, we decided the new monitor would look good with a remote keyboard and mouse. We didn't spend a fortune, but it was nice to have a lil impulse buy as a way to thumb our noses at PCWorld's lack of customer service.

I'm thinking about dropping them a line and offering to write the copy for their advertising. Something like, "Come to PCWorld where we are all far too hung over and apathetic to assist you in making a purchase". Or perhaps, " PCWorld, where you can't buy a pc but if you hang around long enough, you'll know who we all shagged last night! But wait! There's more! All that AND you can watch while we drink cups of tea! Now, how much would you pay?"

Anyway, I'm off to catch up with all my fave reads. You all look amazing through my new monitor, by the way.

3 Comments:

At 4:59 p.m., Blogger nanuk said...

My display has a "terminal" illness - I guess it's got about 8 months left before I will have to put it out of its misery. Unfortunately, since I use a laptop and a faulty video chip on the motherboard is the root cause, I'll have to pitch the who freaking computer out.

/next time I'll buy the extended warranty for sure

 
At 9:33 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

If I was born on that side of the pond I would have been 40 when you posted it.

 
At 4:57 a.m., Blogger Big Ben said...

So who is shagging these days? you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home