Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Week if You Treat it, Seven Days if You Don't my ASS!

Six weeks into the new job and I'm off sick. It's a frustrating situation because I really like my new job and would rather be at the office doing it. Having said that, I think it's only fair to my colleagues that I stay away until I get this elephant removed from my chest. Every time it sits down, I hoark a lung across the room. Not pretty ever, but particularly ugly in an open plan office setting!

I spent the first ten days trying to manage on my own, but clearly, that's not working for me. Being the kind of girl who isn't too proud to ask for help, I made an appointment with my doctor for this evening. Hopefully she'll have something that'll keep my lungs on the inside of my body; at least while I'm at work.

For those of you keeping score at home, I've lost 19lbs in three weeks. This inspires me to keep it going. Although I have a long way to go to reach my goal weight, I'm starting to feel like myself again. That's good news for everyone, particularly hubby!

Which leads me to ask the question, is sex for connecting or escaping? Both? None of the above? I'm interested in what people have to say about this... my own theory sits firmly on the fence. Speaking of which, I noticed recently that I have a seriously regular reader that never comments. Obviously, I'm not a comment whore, or I'd have stopped blogging a long time ago. Whoever you are, thanks for reading; I take comfort in the fact that you keep coming back.

2 Comments:

At 4:31 a.m., Blogger CP said...

You are too an attention whore, but that is the thing that I love about you. You do it discreetly, on the down low. Me? I just come right out and grovel for it.

So tacky.

Feel better beautiful!

CP.

 
At 9:39 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

Both!

Isn't it amazing that it's an experience that can make you feel so close with someone and then an instant later make you feel like you're somewhere else completely?

I think it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home