Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Because Everyone Else Jumped Off the Flats in Ballymun...

Here's a list of the top ten movies I didn't sleep through in 2005. It's prolly comprehensive as there are only 3 days left but I refuse to commit. Funny, that wasn't a problem for me 5 years ago... then again, neither was staying awake for ninety minutes.

Anyway, in an order only my brain can justify, here they are:

Chasing Amy. Seen it a bunch of times, but that bitch has perfected the scream-cry which gets in my brain.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire I'm probably the only one that was glad they condensed some of this one.

Broken Flowers I loved this movie. My friend passed out. In the cinema. Oh well, her loss.

Adam and Paul If you haven't seen this, you need to - regardless of what side of the pond you inhabit.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Okay, I snoozed through some of the interminable fight scenes, but don't tell anybody!

The Magic Roundabout But only cause I pretended to have eaten mushrooms first!

Dogma Because I love to fuck with the clergy...

Into the West Which may be the sweetest Irish movie that doesn't feature Cillian Murphy.

Zoolander Now that's some funny shit, no matter what year it was released; makes me want to perfect a left turn!

Wedding Crashers Imperfect people playing imperfect people... coolness!

There may have been more, but my Dori-like brain can't remember them at the moment.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

Didn't most of these come out last year?

Oh yeah, you're always like six months behind or something like that.

 
At 6:08 p.m., Blogger JL Pagano said...

My own Dori-like brain took a while to work out what you meant by Dori-like!

Good choices all round.

 
At 9:25 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

And I haven't seen a movie since I don't remember when

 

Post a Comment

<< Home