Thursday, November 03, 2005

Professional Development

Hubby's off this week. This is great for child care but wretched for blogging. He's in the shower now, so in the interest of keeping this blog quasi-secret (read mine) I'll write quickly.

Yesterday I was asked to speak with the project manager and the services manager for the agency that I work for. I wasn't surprised as the two most senior people at our location have been fighting like cats in heat for the past week and the management types were there to help them resolve their issues. I was surprised, however, when instead of asking my sage advice about this particular situation, they asked me if I'd be willing to stay on for fourteen weeks beyond my original contract in order to facilitate a parental leave. I said yes. So, I'm there until April now. Unless of course, Tasmania calls first.

While this is good for me in many ways, in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to say yes. I wonder what would have happened if I'd made my acceptance conditional on them sorting out the eejits that are supposed to be in the lead...

In other news, I've been sleeping and dreaming well and often. Lots of heroes, lots of magic, lots of healing. Not sure what that means exactly but it beats the hell out of what's been going on the past few weeks!

4 Comments:

At 4:40 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

I came, I read, I enjoyed. Keep dreamin' those dreams, Shan.

 
At 7:20 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

I believe I have a level 23 Ranger that would like to join your party.

 
At 12:52 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

A Ranger you say... tell me more! I've partied with Sappers and Pongos, but never a Ranger ;P

 
At 4:09 a.m., Blogger Mike Todd said...

Level 23 ranger -- that took me a sec, but it was worth the brain cycles. Shan, I've been catching up on my reading over here. You rule.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home