Sunday, July 30, 2006

Time Flies

I remember feeling smug and rolling my eyes when people older than myself said things like, "I just don't know where the time goes."

I'd like to now go on record as saying I am sorry for that. Mostly because it's Sunday and the last time I checked it was Tuesday or something. I don't consider myself an old person, in fact, I'm not yet forty. Of course, when I was young forty was ancient. I remember sitting in grade ten english calculating how old I'd be in the year 2000 and wondering if I'd ever really get that old. I couldn't imagine it, but I could imagine dying before I'd attained the ripe old age of 33. Sorry Mister Barclay, now you know what I was doing instead of applying myself.

Now that I realize that forty is when life begins,I'm actually looking forward to it. I have just over a year to get ready for the start of my life. I'd like to mark the occasion in some way. I'd like to set a challenge for myself - something more than drinking myself into a stupor; I'm well able to do that. I'm open to suggestions, in fact, I'm highly suggestible so please generate some ideas for me. Quickly, before any more time slips away...

4 Comments:

At 3:34 a.m., Blogger Big Ben said...

I thought you were 25 or so. I suggest getting it on with a tall Canadian (not me, I'm taken).

 
At 9:19 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

Wow, I'm seriously underwhelmed at the number of suggestions. Doing a tall Canadian seems to have the most votes. Better try and find one!

 
At 11:44 a.m., Blogger Annie said...

I too remember calculating what my age would be in the year 2000 and thinking that twenty would be perfect as after that I'd probably be too old to party anymore anyway.

 
At 7:27 p.m., Blogger CP said...

I'm turning 40 in 26 more days, so any advice you would give to ME, I'd return back to you. I have a lot more time to work on yours! *L*

CP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home