Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hiss-terical

Last week, while walking through the Leonardo DaVinci airport in the middle of the night, we happened upon a woman in full burka who was marching purposefully behind what I can only assume was her husband.

As she neared our girl, who was wearing a short sleeved sporty dress with tracksuit bottoms under it, she pointed and hissed at her. It sounded like "HISSSSSSSSSSTTT".

When I turned to look at her, she gave me what I think was meant to be a meaningful look. Without any experience reading eyes only, I'm not quite sure what this hiss meant.

If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate hearing from you... particularly around why that woman thought it was okay to "comment".

1 Comments:

At 2:53 a.m., Blogger Jim said...

Sorry to let you down, I don't speak a word of it.

I'm sure it wasn't good. Maybe it was all an act so her dear "leader" would be pleased with his subservient wife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home