Saturday, February 11, 2006

yesterday

I know I was supposed to be posting about our second day in Northern Ireland but I've had a hard week and just don't feel like it. Here's a slice of yesterday for you:


Today was a difficult day. My boss is a complete fucking idiot. It does no good to have the entire staff team and all the clients tell me how much they wish I was in her position when we all know I'm leaving in about 8 weeks. We found out at today's team meeting that she borrowed the petty cash for her vacation this week which left us with no money to do the work. I had to use my own money to buy ink for the fax machine. She'll likely get away with that. Fucking cow.

Just as I was leaving, the receptionist told me that my most fragile client came to the office looking for me while I was in a meeting. The receptionist said my woman was in the worst state she's ever seen her. And that's saying something. I got to her house to find her clutching a photo of her daughter. She shared her suicide note with me. It was beautiful and I told her so.

I then told her that she was being selfish and cruel. I told her that she is the perfect mother for her daughter and that all mothers make mistakes but that there is nobody better on this planet to raise our daughters. That everybody hurts and we can heal pain but not death. It wasn't until I shared with her that our accountant was killed in a car crash yesterday that she crumpled up the note and pulled herself together. I was only an hour late getting home.

When I got there hubby had his back firmly planted in my direction. I didn't even have the energy to ask what was the matter. In fact, I'm not sure I care.

Around 9pm there was a knock at the door. It was Serena. She's 6 months pregnant and full of drama. The daddy fucked off across the world soon after she told him they're expecting. Probably a good thing. They bring out the worst in one another.

He's now offering to support the child pending the results of a paternity test. I don't quite understand how this test will work with him in New Zealand and her in Ireland. Seems to me if she was going to lie about this child's parentage,she'd have found a man who can control his drinking (and thus his bladder function) and who actually has a job. Personally, I think she and the baby would have been much better off if he never found out. Then again, where's the drama in that?

She came to use the internet to pick out a crib for the baby. She is a complete and utter financial disaster, so when she told me she went out and bought an Adidas tracksuit and runners for the baby, my eye started to twitch. This is a woman who has deferred her student loans since 1999 because she can't afford to make a payment. Fucking Adidas gear for a newborn!

Serena did my eyebrows while she was here... not her best work I'm afraid. I am currently sporting two dark sperms over my eyes. Talk about a facial. Hopefully I can fix them before I have to go out in pubic, er public.

5 Comments:

At 5:00 p.m., Blogger BrianAlt said...

Sounds like fun. Hmmm, maybe not.

 
At 6:24 p.m., Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Came to visit via Armaedes. Great blog you have here. I've been there before with the eyebrows. Fortunately, they grew in.

~Deb

 
At 3:22 a.m., Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

I think you have discovered the value in good decisions. You can't make people make them. You have to mento them and let them make decisions on their own. Onfortunately for the pregnant girl the time to mentor is over.

Did I understand you prevented the other ladies suicide or you consoled her over her daughters suicide? Either way KUDOS!

 
At 3:23 a.m., Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

mentor not mento, although those people in the commercials seem pretty damn happy. maybe there is something to good decisions and fresh breath.

 
At 8:04 p.m., Blogger Anna said...

Brian: Some days are definitely more fun than others... that one - not so much!

Dr Deborah: Thanks for dropping by; I checked you out and will definitely be going back for more.

Greg: I tried to talk that woman out of killing herself. Her daughter's only a wee'un. In the end it took a lil guilt trip, but as far as I'm concerned, the gloves were off at that point - All's fair and all that.

Arm: Prolly a lil of both. But if you want my attention, say so! After a hard week, passive aggression just pisses me off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home