Monday, February 07, 2005

S/he who Hesitates is Lost

I have spent most of my life as a listener. Personally and professionally, my role has been to bear witness to the words and experiences of others. Legend and lore, truth and fiction, I am fascinated by people and the stories they tell. I pay attention and have a knack for remembering details.

So here I am, with my own corner from which to share my stories. A place for me to take up space and show my belly, to be brave and vulnerable. To create; to share what's been created and has moved me.

And I wonder - am I only interesting when I am interested? Do I even exist beyond my ability to reflect you? Does it matter?


1 Comments:

At 5:24 p.m., Blogger Buffalo said...

Being a listener and an observer is a good thing. At one time or another everyone needs to be heard. They need to feel someone gives a damn.

When you are able to not only provide an ear, but can also drink in the speaker's story and put it in words for all to enjoy or learn from - that is a very good thing.

And that, my friend, makes you an interesting and a so very important person

 

Post a Comment

<< Home